43% of the world population have at least 25 years, and these young people should be involved as key stakeholders in policy decisions that will shape the future. Between the 4th and 6th of December in Bali, Indonesia, over 900 youth will contribute to the revision of the ICPD’s Plan of Action and to the inclusion of the youth perspective in a new version of the text on population and development, to be delivered to the UN General Assembly.
Registration for virtual delegates is now open to participate in the Forum. Between the 4th and 6th of December, virtual delegates will follow and contribute to the online discussions. Delegates must be from 14 to 30 years old and the registrations can be send until the eve of the meeting in http://www.icpdyouth.org link.
Led by young people for young people, the Global Youth Forum will promote a more compelling youth voice and contribute directly to the process of defining goals for future development. Delegates from around the world will reach an agreement on global recommendations for action in five main points:
- Wide access to education
- Wealthy living
- Fully inclusive civic participation
- Sexuality, family and rights
- Transition to decent work opportunity for youth
The virtual delegates will communicate online on the proposed topics live. Their contributions will directly feed the forum and moderators will ensure that the views and recommendations are represented in the plenary discussions. As an official delegate, your name and your country will be included in the report to be prepared for the Secretary-General of the United Nations.
Make it sure your voice will be heard registring at http://www.icpdyouth.org link.
Leave a Reply
Stay tuned with our news and opportunities
- Global Attitude invited to Ankara by the Turkish Ministry of Youth & Sports
- Open registration for virtual delegates to the Global Youth Forum (UN)
- First stage of the Franco-Brazilian Negotiations Fellowship is set to happen in São Paulo
- G20 Youth Summit | Brasil 2013 – Apply for International Chairs positions now!
Learn more about our team and contributions.